Thursday 10 July 2014

Thought Field Therapy


Do you suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, stressful feelings when you have to do certain tasks or deal with certain people?  Then why not give this a go!!

Recently, I was offered a session of Thought Field Therapy, by a friend and colleague.  I'd heard that by "tapping" the meridian points, past trauma, anxiety and phobias could be healed in a single short session, typically lasting less than thirty minutes!  

Thirty minutes!  I hear you say!  As opposed to weeks or even months of traditional counselling! Surely this is simply too good to be true!!

But I experienced it for myself.  My own session lasted about ten minutes and took place in my lunch break between running two support groups. I can't explain really how it works, what I can say is, the anger and resentment and fear I had felt for years, when thinking about a particular experience I went through quite a long time ago, appears to have vanished.  I keep waiting for the anxiety to re-emerge, or expecting to have nightmares about the trauma, but three weeks on, it seems to be gone.  

Like most other therapists, I've had hundreds of hours of counselling in my time, mainly through my three year training period, and nothing has come close to the impact of this!  I'm certainly thinking of training in it myself, because there are so many people who would benefit from this sort of, largely non-intrusive, therapy.  I didn't even have to say much about what my own traumatic memory was about, I just had to recall it, in my own mind so that the feelings could be re-experienced.  I went from an anxiety level of 7-8 to an anxiety level of 1-2!

I actually found a therapist who had posted a brief video online, and she talks you through the routine - so do try it yourself.  I found I had the greatest success when I had a therapist actually there with me in the room. I was stunned with how effective it was.

I still am stunned...  Give it a go...


If anyone would like the contact details of the therapist I had a session with, whom I highly recommend, just email me or send me a message on Facebook or Twitter ,


No comments:

Post a Comment